A TV Confession {Twisted Season 1 Finale}

April 9, 2014

So I have very mixed feelings about this show.  I still cannot decide whether or not I like it but for some reason I can't stop watching it.  

Honestly, all of the characters really annoy the shit out of me.  Jo drives me up the wall crazy because her personality is so dry and I just can't watch her for 47 minutes (or however long an episode without commercials is).  Also, am I the only one who thinks Danny is not attractive at all.  Like actually the furthest thing from attractive.  His long hair desperately needs to be washed and cut.  Oh and that creepy moustache thing has to go!  And I mean like 5 minutes ago gone.  Also, he killed someone so that's kind of a turn off.  For some reason though I did like him in Victorious so I don't know what has changed but I just think he is dirty and creepy.  The only character I actually like is Lacey but even she has her moments.

The one good thing that this show has going for it is the plot.  OMG is this plot line great!  It has me so sucked in that I am able to look past all of the character flaws just to keep watching it.  **Spoilers ahead**  Okay let's start small and work our way to the big reveals.

First the Whitney plot line.  She kind of came in the middle of the season and has already made her mark.  She kissed Lacey which I kind of liked.  It a little diversity into the pretty suburban town.  Also, I think it made Lacey's character a whole lot more interesting because she started questioning her own interests etc.  In the last episode we find out that Whitney and her dad have some sort of ulterior motives in coming close with the Desais.  It makes me question the whole Jack and Mrs. Desai relationship too.  Did he really try to kill Vikram when he first died?  Why did he move Vikram's body?  What are his motives with forming a relationship with the Desai's?  Did he know about the money?  What is the story behind Whitney and her mom?  Oh and Charlie was working with them before he went rogue...shit just got real!

Moving onto to Charlie... he is interesting.  Also, not very attractive who needs some shampoo to wash that greasy hair mop on his head.  I swear showers are super easy boys!  Any who, I found some parts of the Charlie plot line fairly predictable and other were woah.  I called Charlie knowing Danny in jail from a mile a way and that was the whole reason he was going for Jo.  Charlie becoming obsessed and crazy and holding Jo hostage was a completely different story.  Then we find out that Charlie is actually Aunt Tara's (the woman Danny supposedly killed but it was actually Vikram who made Danny take the blame) child.  Holy shit this was a shocker!  Yet totally believable and I love this story line.  They could have done something with it.

But wait, it doesn't end there...nope Charlie is actually not Aunt Tara's child but actually Tess's child!!!!! Like what the actual fahk.  Okay 1) I don't think I can buy into this because Charlie doesn't look like Tess at all and 2) incest.  Charlie and Jo were a thing for a while so that kind of puts a kink in Charlie's love confession.  I guess that's why they call the show Twisted huh?!  

Speaking of love... Danny also confessed his love for Jo this week.  Uhm what?  I honestly do not understand this at all.  Literally last week you were in love with Lacey and now its all about Jo.  Hmmmm... I think the writers are just trying to create a love triangle like other major shows have.  Also, what do these people see in Jo?  To mean she a whiny child who just annoys the crap out of me!  

Okay soooo I think that is all that I need to talk about in this episode because I can't think of anything else.  But I must say, this episode did boost some love for Twisted unlike some in the past.  I don't think there will be a next season for the show but you never know.  I still maintain that ABC Family was wrong it cancelling The Lying Game because that show was FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC and I will forever be sad about it.  I also miss Jane By Design which I thought was a seriously underrated show as well.  You know what, ABC Family doesn have some seriously underrated shows and some that show probably just go off the air (like how in the world did Secret Life last as long as it did?!)  

Now that I have gone on a major tangent, do you all watch Twisted?  What are your thoughts about everything?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground