Summer Plans

April 14, 2014

It's crazy to think that in just a few short weeks I will have finished my freshman year at college!  I know right!  I feel like it was just yesterday that I was writing on here about how nervous I was to enter in to this new phase in my life and now a year has passed.  One thing that comes with college is the realization that you are growing up.  Until now I have always felt like a kid.  I mean I still do most of the time until I realize that I no longer have my mother nagging me (which she still loves to do...but with love! haha) or am under the strict schedules of others.  I live my own live according to the rules I set for myself.

And this is scary.  And by scary I mean absolutely terrifying!  Growing up was something that I always dreamed about doing.  Couldn't wait to get to high school, then college, and now I want time to freeze.  Like we need to slow down because I am 19 finishing my first year in college and I swear yesterday I was awkward middle schooler.  

The idea of getting jobs and learning to be on your own is becoming even more real.  Not only am I stressing right now over finals in the next few months but also the fact that I have zero, nada, absolutely no plans for this summer.  Everyone around me is talking about their great internships, summer jobs, or fabulous international trips they have planned.  And here I am without a clue as to what I am doing.  I think its hard because I don't know what I want to do so looking for a job/internship is horrible because everything sounds interesting and nothing sounds interesting all at the same time!  I need something to do that leads me somewhere.  And why is it that every fantastic internship I find doesn't take freshman applicants?  Like I swear I'm qualified and will work my ass off... I promise I will!  So that is my current stressor at the moment because everyone is nagging me about it and yeah.  Hmph.

On a sidenote:  I changed the layout of my blog!  For a while I was determined to learn html and code the whole thing myself (or at least parts of it) but I just wasn't getting anywhere.  Every time I did something it moved it one step closer but I still wasn't in love. And I do layout design for a magazine so my OCD was really kicking in every time I looked at the blog so I decided to beat the bullet and just buy one.  I know that means I caved but it looks soooo much better now and I honestly could not be any happier.  Now I find so my joy looking at the blog and don't cringe or turn away.  

Do you guys have any wonderful plans for the summertime because I would love to hear them?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground