Spotted

August 8, 2014

This week was definitely a busy one.  I actually did a lot of shopping with friends and family in search of clothes and things I need before going back to school.  I went down into the city a lot this week so that was tons of fun but exhausting.  I go down twice a week for work but this week I feel like I was downtown almost every day.  Definitely not complaining though because I love Chicago and being in the city.  Honestly summer there is just the best.  But now on to some of the things I have been eyeing this week.


I love the site Cupcakes and Cashmere.  Her recipes are my favorite (to look at).  I am not one for cooking even though I clog my Pinterest feed with recipes because they all just look so amazing.  However, this lemon pasta recipe I might just have to try because it looks so easy and lemon anything is my thing.  It's funny though that the second I want to get into cooking I have to leave for college in 3 weeks where I can't do any cooking because I live in a dorm #figures.

Two || A Fall Jacket
I have been on the hunt for the perfect fall jacket for about a month now I cannot find anything I like or that fits me.  Every time I see a jacket I love it is too thin for those chilly fall days or it doesn't fit right.  Many people say that jeans or bathing suits are the worst thing to shop for but I think it is definitely jackets.  Because I am so tall (about 5'10.5") jackets are so difficult to find because the sleeves are never long enough or they crop at all the wrong places.  I am seriously struggling with this endeavor so if any of you know of any thicker military style jackets please hook a girl up!


Three || Natasha Lyonne
As previously discussed, I am obsessed with Orange is the New Black.  That show was a gift from the heavens and I love it so much.  I just finished watching both seasons and am going through serious withdrawal.  In order to cope I have been watching and reading interviews with the cast like crazy.  I stayed up so late one night watching every interview I could find online with Natasha Lyonne.  I think she is definitely my favorite on the show and learning more about her life was shocking.  You know the scar she has for heart surgery... yeah that is totally real and Natasha Lyonne had the exact same surgery that Nikki has on the show?!  You learn so much from interviews its insane.  And this will have to get my through until next summer because I don't know if I can wait until June 2015.


Four || Pinterest DIY
As you might know, I am doing a little series of Dorm DIY's so Pinterest and I are now BFF's.  When I was a kid I transformed an entire room in our house to my craft room and I would craft all hours of the day.  I would make everything from little paper animals to knitting.  I swear that room was the messiest place ever but it was my heaven.  I could stay there forever.  Since I am back home this summer, I like doing my DIYs in that room.  My mom came in and thought it was the biggest deja vu ever.  That being said, I am looking for some more wonderful ideas that I can bring back to my dorm and share with all of you.  


Five || Hilary Duff Chasing the Sun
And she's back!!  Live just got a whole lot more technicolor!  The fact that she has a new album coming out is the best news I have heard in the longest time.  This music video is amazing and I cannot stop listening to this song.  It is a major throwback to the early 2000's and my Lizzie McGuire days.  I like how she kept true to herself too and didn't change her sound based on the fact that it is a totally new music era now.  

4 comments:

  1. I heard about Hilary Duff's new album but didn't know she released a video yet! Thanks for posting! Also, loved the technicolor reference. That gave me a good laugh! XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks so much! Yeah she actually came out with two new videos but this one was my favorite :)

      Delete
  2. I'm 5'10" too so I definitely feel your pain. I have the J. Crew field jacket that I absolutely love, but it's pretty light and really only reasonable for California type weather. Love your blog by the way!

    www.taylormcunningham.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah I have tried that one and its just not as warm as I am looking for! Thanks so much though :)

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground