Aruba

January 17, 2015

My winter break flew by and I never got the chance to share my trip to Aruba with you all!  If you follow me on Instagram you probably saw some of the photos but I wanted to share a few of my favorites on here with you all as well.  

I'm and growing to love taking photos more and more.  When I was little I wanted to be a National Geographic photographer and that dream is something I have rediscovered.  While I don't own a super fancy camera or anything it is definitely something I am looking in to.  When I was a kid I begged my mom to let me transform a small closet we had in our basement into a dark room because I was obsessed.  That plan never really took hold because I was maybe 12 but still it was there.  

And while I mainly take photos with my iPhone it is probably the only thing I use it for (other than social media).  Sometimes things just look better through a "lens."  If any of you are into photography I would love to hear how you have expanded this love and where you started.  Right now I am wandering aimlessly in the dark and would love some inspiration to follow.


I can't quite get enough of the palm trees because I never see any in the Midwest or New England.  Plus, the blueness of the sky is just beyond gorgeous.


I mean sunsets and palm trees... #sold.


I love the ombre effect of the water as it gets closer to shore.  The dark blue gets brighter and lighter as it moves towards the shore.


This is a famous beach in Aruba called Baby Beach and it is known for how clear the water is.  It truly is that shade of blue and you can see all the way down to the bottom!  Those dark patches are rock formations underneath the water.


Another shot of Baby Beach!


We took a drive on the rough side of the island and saw the coolest rock formations and huge waves crashing against them.


There were so many random structures along the rocky edges that looked like the might have been homes but they were in the middle of nowhere! 


I walked outside one night and thought it was poring rain because the sky was so dark.  However it was just a dark purple shade that was the beautiful sunset that night.  Most bizarre sunset I think I have ever seen.


I wore my Harding Lane hat every single day while on the beach and absolutely loved it!  The color is beautiful and matched the sea water perfectly.

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. You got some really beautiful photos! It looks like you had a great trip!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! Really wanderlusting for a beach trip right now...
    Luxe and Caicos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos! A trip to the tropics is just what the doctor ordered!

    xo Jen
    Skirt The Rules

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing photos! I just returned from Punta Cana...its so hard to come back to reality!

    Heidi D.
    www.wishesandreality.com

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground