Mixing Prints

May 19, 2015

I've talked about how much I love the print combination of stripes and leopard on the blog before.  And I definitely cannot get enough of it because I decided to pair the two up again for one of my work outfits this week.  Chicago weather has been up and down all week.  One day its 85 and I'm tanning in my backyard, and the next day its 55 and I need to bring out my thick sweaters and jackets again #typical.   However, because I am already in dress mode and don't want to put them away, I love pairing chunky sweaters on top of dresses.  This way, only the skirt of the dress peeps out but you get a really cute look from it!  This look pairs together two of my favorite things: stripes and leopard, and sweaters over dresses :)

I paired my all time favorite Madewell black sweater on top of a black and white striped dress.  I added my favorite leopard loafers from Target which are almost three years old to complete the look. And for jewelry, I added a beautiful BaubleBar necklace, my Michael Kors watch, and two dainty rings that I wear everyday that I got from an art fair.  Because it was quite chilly I needed to bring my J.Crew jacket for an extra layer of warmth.

 

Black Sweater Madewell (similar here) || Dress Target (similar here) || Jacket J.Crew (old, similar here) || Leopard Loafers Target (old, similar here and here) || Necklace BaubleBar (old, similar here) || Watch Michael Kors




What are some of your favorite patterns to mix?  Also, I promise I will get better with the photography #stilllearning :)

xoxo

25 comments:

  1. Cute outfit. I think mixing prints makes the out fun

    xoxo Dani
    www.glamrme.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stripes and leopard have been on repeat for me as well. I think it jazzes up a work outfit while still keeping it professional!

    -Morgan
    How 2 Wear It ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always scared of mixing prints, but this is so fab! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was too!! I am still not as bold as some of the looks I've seen but I'm trying. I recommend starting small and then when you get comfortable you can go bigger :)

      Delete
  4. I love mixing fabrics in my wardrobe and in my interiors! So cute! Great post!

    XOXO
    Marie H.
    Progression By Design

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stripes and florals are always fun prints to mix!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The necklace is gorgeous! Love the outfit!
    -Alessandra

    The PumpUp Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stripes and leopard look great together, I totally agree! I am so obsessed with your necklace-totally glam!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely up for mixing prints, I love the stripes! Also, holy cow that watch is gorgeous!

    xx | Steph @ www.thelovelyessentials.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Madewell is such a great store - I have a cute reversible vest that I purchased there and its such a staple to my wardrobe. Great post!

    http://thealwaysblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! I love leopard and stripes.

    xo // www.thematerialgirl.co

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love wearing stripes and leopard together.
    I am still learning how to print mix properly but this is one combination I feel more comfortable with.

    xoxo, Jenny || Breakfast at Lillys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely takes a little getting used to. I also really like stripes and floral! I usually do a thinner stripe and a larger floral print - it helps to make the sizes of the print very different :)

      Delete
  13. I actually just bought that Merona dress you listed! I love it. I wore it to an internship interview with a navy cardigan and it was perfect!

    xx. Brittany
    Southern Soul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just amazing!? And the quality is super nice and thick too which is perfect for work :)

      Delete
  14. This outfit is so cute! Its perfect for this in-between weather!

    Anchors and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a great look!! Can't believe it was 55! Love your nail color, also.
    xo, claudia
    www.chroniclesofclaudia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh tell me about it! The weather has a mind of its own. And thanks, its Grecian Goddess by L'Oreal :)

      Delete
  16. I can totally relate to you about the weather being crazy!! I just came home to Maine for the summer and the weather was about 80 last week and today didn't get out of the 50s- I brought out one of my winter vests and riding boots!! So hard to dress for. Anyways- cute outfit!! :-)

    xoxo A
    www.southernbelleintraining.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woah riding boots is a big step! And while they are probably my most favorite fashion item, they are away for the summer and I refuse to take them out haha! And thanks so much :)

      Delete
  17. Your photography skills are flawless! You're doing great -- keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the flats--I need a pair like that! The weather has been all over the place in New England, too, although today it's very nice out :) And your photography looks pretty good to me, and I'm sure you'll continue improving!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground