May Favorites

May 31, 2015

So much has happened in the month of May it is actually hard to comprehend.  I had finals, finished my second year of college, moved back home for the summer, and started two jobs.  Woah!  I haven't done a favorites post in a long time and they are some of my favorite things to read (I wonder how many times I am about to write the word favorite in this post...).  Because this month was so all over the place my favorites are a complete mish mash of items.

Patagonia Synchilla Pullover Target D'Orsay Flat Simple Micellar Water Image Map Madewell Tote MacBook Pro 13 Banana Republic Diamond Jacquard Dress
Leather tote || I feel like I can't stop talking about leather totes on the blog.  I have this old Dooney & Bourke letter tote that I got my freshman year of high school (6 years ago) and it is still in amazing shape.  I think I have probably used it maybe every day for school during those years.  In college I do use my backpack pretty often but the tote is always somewhere.  For work this summer I use my tote.  For traveling, I use my tote.  It is hands down the most versatile item I have ever bought.  Now, that being said, because it is 6 years old the corners are starting to fray showing the piping.  I want to look into getting it reinforced because I love it so much I don't want to get rid of it.  If any of you have suggestions as to how to go about doing this, please let me know! 

Patagonia pullover || I'm sure you all are aware of the Patagonia line as well as their amazing Synchilla fleece pullovers.  I have a very old grey one that I wear all the time.  It is my go to when traveling and can be both warm during the cold but also is still good when its a little hotter out but there is a breeze.  I have been wearing mine like crazy during these past few weeks with the wacky weather we have been having.

Fit and flare dresses || I wouldn't quite call this a new favorite but an oldie that is making a comeback.  I am normally not one for dresses but since working I have renewed my obsession.  I just bought this new one at Banana Republic for work and I love it.  The cap sleeves and the exposed zipper are so cute.  And my newest favorite color is navy :)  This dress works with a jean jacket and flats as well with a blazer and heels.

D'orsay flats || This shoe trend has hit us with full force.  I was never one to fall in love with normal flats because the curve toe always made my foot look weird and I just never enjoyed wearing them.  But man oh man do I want every single pair of pointed toe d'orsay flats.  I got this pair from Target to test if I was into the shoe before splurging on an expensive pair and I love the style.  The shoe isn't the comfiest but its so cute I fight through the pain.  I have also been using these Band-Aids like no one's business.

Simple micellar water || Yet another trend that seems to have popped up out of nowhere but is now everywhere - micellar water.  What started off as a French woman's skincare essential has made its way across the pond and we are seeing drugstore alternatives to the primarily high end skincare product.  Micellar water can be used to replace cleansing your face (and supposedly makeup remover and moisturizer).  I still use a wipe to remove my makeup and a lotion after the water but so far I am definitely liking it.  I have been using it every day and will probably being doing a review soon.

MacBook Pro 13'' || I haven't mentioned this on the blog yet but I got a new laptop about two weeks ago.  To say I am obsessed is an understatement.  I made the transition from PC to Mac and it has been amazing.  I am not gonna lie and say I am still hesitant about the Mac software and do miss my PC.  However, the ease of use with the Mac and the battery life (the biggest reason I switched) has been beyond incredible. 

What were some of your favorites this month?

xoxo

20 comments:

  1. I've been really into swing dresses this month! Looking forward to a lot of easy breezy days in them!

    Kelly
    Ohio Stripes

    ReplyDelete
  2. My MacBook is almost 5 years old and it still runs like the day I got it! They are an awesome investment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that leather tote! I love my Macbook Air! Hopefully it will continue to be great!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are like the thousandth person that recommends that cleansing oil. I think it's time I give it a try!

    -Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://www.how2wearit.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard so many good things about Simple's micellar water cleanser. I may need to finally make a purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think those type of flats are my favorite trend so far. Perfect for work-wear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the micellar water recommendation! Never heard of it before, I'll be checking it out! My cleanser right now is a bit harsh.

    Alessandra | The PumpUp Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fit and flare dresses are so cute and stylish. I would love to add a leather tote to my bag collection, they are so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the micellar water!
    I have a Macbook Pro as well and I got it in 2010 -- so basically it's been amazing and has definitely outlasted any PC I have ever had.
    Have a good week!

    xoxo, Jenny || Breakfast at Lillys

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love my Patagonia as well! I'm getting a Macbook as a graduation present in two weeks and I can't wait!

    XO
    Ashley
    privateschoolprepster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. YES to switching from PC to Mac! I love Mac! You're going to love it!!!!

    xoxo
    Lauren Ashley
    www.thefashionistasdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. great choices!! may was a very busy month for me, too, but we made it!!
    xo, claudia
    www.chroniclesofclaudia.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just switched from pc to mac last month! It takes a little bit to get used to not having all of the features of a PC, but I love it now and the battery life is AMAZING. I've also been looking at getting a new leather tote, so I'll definitely have to check out the Dooney & Bourke ones

    - Jenni
    thebeautifullittlefools.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. It seems like everyone is talking about Simple lately! I just started using their makeup wipes, and I absolutely love them. I'll have to try the cleanser next!

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these pics! I'm looking foreword to your review of the Simple cleanser!

    Anchors and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have always loved the look of D'orsay flats but I have yet to try out a pair! I seriously need to get some!

    XOXO
    Marie H.
    Progression By Design

    ReplyDelete
  17. I used a Simple moisturizer while at school this past year and really liked it!! Also- my MacBook is 5 years old now and hearing about yours makes me die for a new one!! Mine has been a great computer but is starting to run very slowly.

    xoxo A
    www.southernbelleintraining.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I remember switching from a PC to a Mac a few years ago and thinking Mac's were seriously so much easier to use! Once you can get a hang of the software you'll be wondering why you didn't make the switch earlier.

    Pick Your Beau

    ReplyDelete
  19. Macbooks are the best! Glad you're liking yours. I've been meaning to try that Micellar Water too, but it's always sold out at the drugstore!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I got a macbook last year and it honestly is the best investment I've ever made! I am obsessed with it!

    xx, kenz
    http://sincerelykenz.com

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground