Avocado & Toast

July 9, 2015

I feel like I should live in L.A. instead of the midwest because I am being super trendy and healthy and eating avocado on my toast which is something I never thought I would actually like.  I mean avocado is really good as guac and on sandwiches but alone, and on dry toast... no way.  But way indeed because they are clearly doing something right in that sunny smoggy place because this stuff is delish!  

And I know we aren't even close to thinking about returning to school because Summer just started but I swear these recipes are a life saver at school for eating healthy.  I bet your college cafeteria sells avocados for part of the year and when they come out stock up.  I think I had that majority of these recipes below for lunch almost every day.  It is a great healthy alternative to salads or plain grilled chicken.  I thought I would share with you a few of my favorite ways to prepare this oh-so-simple meal!



one // There is the obvious classic just avocado and toast with some salt and pepper.  Personally this is my least favorite because I think it can be a bit dry.  If you are going to do with I would add some olive oil or a light dressing.

two // Add tomatoes.  This is one of my favorite options!  I dice some cherry tomatoes in half and cover the toast with them.  Add your seasoning of choice and sprinkle with basil if you have some handy.  For the final touch drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar for a twist on your classic Caprese salad - on toast edition.

three // With an over-easy egg.  This one is my definite number one option.  I think the egg yolk adds the perfect dressing to the dry toast and pairs perfectly with the avocado.  I was going to provide you all with a picture of this one but whenever I cook my eggs over easy they always taste delicious but never look the greatest so they are never photo perfect.  Oh well, at least you get the idea.

four // This is a great one for all your Mexican food lovers.  Add some salsa or pico de gallo and crumbled corn chips on your bread.  If you aren't a fan of salsa, you could make a version of guac with your avocado by dicing some tomatoes, chopping some onions, and adding some cilantro and lime juice.

five // Another super simple option is to just place some finely sliced cheese over top and drizzle with olive oil.  I think parmesan tastes really good with it.  You could even add a few slices of sausage.  If its a softer cheese you can mix it in with the smashed avocado for a creamier texture, like feta.

six // Instead of lox and cream cheese, you can pair your lox with your avocado toast for a much healthier option that tastes even better in my opinion.  Add some raw onion for an added kick.

Do you guys have any recommendations for what else I can add to my avocado and toast because I want to try it all!

16 comments:

  1. I've never had avocado toast--shocking I know! But, it's something that I'd probably order off of a brunch menu, and not be able to pull off making for myself lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious! I'm going to have to try that!

    Ally | http://www.preppylittlelesbian.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love eating avocado in a wheat tortilla with chicken -- so good.

    xoxo, Jenny || Breakfast at Lillys

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks yummy! I have avocados at home so I'll definitely be trying this tomorrow.

    xoxo, Danielle
    www.glamrme.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love avocado toast. I've never thought of pairing it with lox but I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love avocado every way I've eaten it, but haven't done it on toast yet. It sounds right up my alley though. Can't wait to try these recipes once I get my hands on some more avocados!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite avocado toast is with over-easy eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loveeee avocados, so I've got to try this! Keep the avocado recipes coming, sweet girl!!

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am making this tonight!! It looks SO good! Thank you for sharing this delish recipe, love! Can't wait to try.

    xo Ashley
    Twenties Girl Style

    ReplyDelete
  10. Number 3 sounds so good! I haven't jumped on the avocado toast bandwagon yet because I too thought it would be too plain.
    -Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everyone and their avo toast! Hahah I wish I liked avocado so I could try this. :( The texture really gives me the heebie jeebies.

    xo // www.thematerialgirl.co

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I would love to try the one with just added tomatoes. It sounds delicious! I absolutely love avocado but have never tried avocado and toast but everyone tells me I should!

    xo
    Lauren
    The Fashionista's Diary

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm actually going grocery shopping tomorrow and this post definitely inspired to pick up a few avocados! I love the way that they taste, but I'm not the most talented in the kitchen, so I needed the recipe help.

    xo, Alicia | Alicia Tenise

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG would it be bad if I wanted to lick the screen? That's how delicious that looks!!!!! I definitely have to try this, my fiance would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks so good! I am going to try this for lunch today, it looks so yummy with the tomatoes on top!
    xo
    Sophie
    Smitten Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  16. I tend to pick this recipe up every fall -- love avocado!

    x Sarah
    http://www.bohochiccafe.com

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground