July 16, 2013

A quick vent sesh

This is exactly what the title says it is.  So if you don't want to hear me rambling about my troubles then this post may not be for you :( I have absolutely NO idea what I want to do or be when I grow up.  I feel like everyone else at least has a general knowledge of what they are interested in etc. but I have no freaking clue.  One minute I want to be a chef and the next I want to be a photo journalist.  My ideas span a variety of topics and genres which makes it that much more difficult.  I can tell you that I don't want to be a doctor, a lawyer, or anything involving math and science.  I wish that narrowed the job possibilities down a bit but it barely makes a dent :(  

So as I enter my freshmen year of college I have no direction and no end goal in mind.  I guess this can be good because It will allow me to truly find myself but right now all I can do it freak the f out because of how lost I feel.  Did any of you go through this?  I guess my biggest fear is that what if I can never decide on what I want to do (because I am really indecisive and picky) and then I just get stuck in a lame job doing something I don't enjoy.  Or what if I pick the wrong job and have regrets wishing I had done or tried something else!  I just have so many things I want to do and try that I don't know if I can fit it all into the amount of time I'm given.  I guess no one really knows what's going to happen (wouldn't that be great!) and that's one of the great things about life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

                       

Subscribe