July 12, 2013

Daily Makeup Routine

When applying my makeup on a daily basis I stick to a very natural minimal effect.  I prefer my stick to look even and awake and put less effort on my eyes.  As you can see from the image below that I gather the products I use from a multitude of brands as well as prices.  I love blushes from both high end and low end companies as well as mascaras and so on.  This is just what I am currently doing but let me tell you that it changes very frequently!



1. Covergirl Nature Luxe Foundation:  I love this stuff.  It gives a great even layer of coverage that is nice and light but still gives a bit of color and coverage.  I just use my fingers to apply it.

2. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer:  I have tried so many different drugstore concealers over the years especially since the dark circles under my eyes are a force to be reckoned with.  I think this concealer does a great job for both blemishes as well as my undereye circles.  Once again, I just use my fingers to blend in the product.

3. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles:  For this product I use the Brightner shade.  I have heard that the actual shades are a amazing too but I have yet to try those yet.  I love layer the brightner over my concealer under my eyes because it really awakens my eyes and does a fairly good job at hiding the dark circles.  I have yet to find anything that completely covers them like I would like but so far this is doing a great job!

4. Nars Orgasm Blush:  Confession time...I just bought this for the first time like a week ago.  I know right its a cult favorite and everyone loves it.  Well I just jumped on the bandwagon and I too am in love.  A little goes a long way and the color is irresistible!  To apply I use either a large blush brush (MAC 129) or a stippling brush (MAC 130).

5.  Rimmel Natural Bronzer in __:  I love how this bronzer isn't too orange and has absolutely no shimmer in it.  I have very (and I mean VERY) oily skin so the last thing I want is extra shimmer in my bronzer.  The color is perfect for my skin tone as well.  The only thing that I don't quite like is that you need to apply a bit more because it can be a bit sheer.  To apply I use and angled contouring brush (MAC 168) and do the 3E method.

6.  MAC Select Sheer Face Powder in NW20:  This gives the perfect amount of coverage and is great for my oily skin.  I still have to reapply this throughout the day because nothing every combats my oiliness perfectly but I like how this does add a little bit of color and coverage without ever looking too cakey.  I just use a kabuhki brush to blend the powder over.  For more coverage dot/press the powder over your face because this wipes less of the liquid foundation away.

7. Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded:  I use this as my overall eye lid color.  Occasionally I will put another eyeshadow on top of it but if I'm in a hurry I just swipe this over my eye and I'm good to go!  I just use my fingers or a synthetic eyeshadow brush (MAC 242).

8. MAC Nylon eyeshadow:  I use this in my inner corner as a highlight!  I absolutely love doing this.  I wakens up my eyes and entire face.  Its one of the one things I do every day.  I apply this brush to my inner corners with a pencil brush like the MAC 219.

9. Dior Diorshow Mascara:  This is the very first high end mascara I have ever used.  Previously I was using mainly drugstore (hello Maybelline!!)  I have to say though that this mascara is truly amazing.  It doesn't clump my lashes and leaves them really dark and voluminous which I like.  It does okay at holding a curl but my lashes are very stubborn when it comes to curling so yeah.

10.  Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Caviar Ink:  Just recently getting into gel eyeliner I actually really like it.  It goes on pretty easily and evenly with an angled eyeliner brush like the MAC 208 (the one they were selling with it was just too expensive for me, it was more than the actual eyeliner!)  The color isn't quite black black so its a bit softer.  It stays on all day which I really like.

11.  Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion:  Holy grail right here!  I will never try another eyeshadow primer because this one is wonderful.  Keep my eyeshadow looking creaseless all day and really brightens the colors.  The new tube is amazing too!  I just use my fingers.

On days when I am in a rush usually I just throw on some concealer, powder, and mascara or some combo of the above products.  This is what I do though when I have enough time and if I'm doing anything crazy special that day.  For brushes I use mainly Sigma and a few other random brands but I just typed MAC numbers because I figured that's what most people would be familiar with and you could Google more easily to figure out what they looked like and then you could find them cheaper at like Ulta or Sephora.  What are your favorite go to makeup products that you use for your everyday makeup routine?












No comments:

Post a Comment

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

                       

Subscribe