May 7, 2014

Slam

So during finals week you are usually pretty stressed.  Cramming to get all of that material to fit somewhere in your head.  Late nights and unhealthy eating are always common too.  So what do you do in order to put all of this on hold for a minute...procrastination station at its finest.  YouTube is a wonderful world filled with endless possibilities.  It sucks your time and pretty soon your 10 minute study break has turned into an hour long study break.

I don't think I have stopped watching slam poetry since I realized its existence.  I have always liked going to slams in real life but it never crossed my mind that people would film themselves doing a slam and post it online (and I'm not quite sure why it wouldn't have because its the 21st century and you can find anything online).  Watching slam is the perfect cathartic release because you get so emotionally involved with a person's poem for 3 minutes and then its over.  You feel less stressed, happier, more emotionally well and then you can return to the textbooks and papers.  I don't know how I accidentally watched my first slam poetry reading on YouTube but I cannot stop and its a problem.  So I thought I would share some of my current faves with you and please let me know if there is anything you are currently obsessed with.


Michael Lee is actually the best and I highly recommend watching every single one of his videos!


Patrick Roche


Ollie Renee Schminkey


Alex Dang, Brenna Twohy, and Eirean Bradley together perform a group poem.  I never knew this was a thing but its kind of awesome and I might like it better that individual ones.  

Okay so that's all I have but there are sooo many on YouTube and I beg you to go watch them because they are epically fantastic :)

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Just found your blog and its lovely! I'm in college too so I feel ya!

    http://breakfastatvogue111.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks so much! Love the college life<3

      Delete
  2. I think your blog is pretty fabulous and I have nominated you for the Liebster Award! To participate and find the rules and such, go to this post on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I truly appreciate and glad you love my blog:)

      Delete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

                       

Subscribe