June 10, 2014

Everyday Makeup {6/10/2014}

I have very oily skin so my biggest concern when it comes to makeup is trying to make my face look reasonably matte all day long.  I do have some red bumps along my forehead (there goes the oily skin again) and really bad under eye circles.  Apparently no matter how much sleep I get (or don't) the blue under my eyes shines.  I think I have found some good products, after a lot of searching, that can finally keep my oily skin at bay.  Most of these are drug store products because I honestly think when it comes to face makeup the drugstore does a pretty damn good job!  Also, some of these are sample sized items that I recently received but I think I am definitely going to be purchasing the full sized in all of them.  Hope those of you with oily skin find this somewhat helpful.



1. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer: Absolutely love this stuff!! I really don't think I've found a better drugstore concealer than this one.

2. Maybelline Fit Me Stick Foundation: I just got this because Maybelline was doing a buy 1 get 1 half off sale when I needed a new concealer so I thought I would try it out.  I honestly am in love!  It gives about medium coverage and stays all day.  Like I cannot see a visible difference in my skin throughout the day...it stays matte all day!

3. Tarte Amazonia Clay Finishing Powder:  I think this product can also be contributed to helping keep my skin matte all day.  I lightly pat/dust this on my T-zone and helps absorb all the oil on ma face.  I will definitely be purchasing the full size of this product!

4. L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara:  There is one product that I think drugstore always does just as good, if not better than high end: mascara.  I think this one does a great job of making my pretty stick straight lashes have volume and curl.  It stays all day and is actually a little hard to get off at the end of the day even though this isn't a waterproof formula.  

5. M.A.C Eyeshadow in Nylon:  I use this in my inner corner for a bright highlight!  I also use it a bit under my brow and an occasional dusting over the cheek bones.  This is probably one my favorite M.A.C eye shadows simply because it is so universal.  It also makes a great overall eye color.

6.  Maybelline Undereye Concealer:  Okay so I don't know the full name of this product because the label came off (if that doesn't show how much I love this product then I don't know what will!)  But I'm sure just by looking at it you know exactly what it is.  I use the brightning color but I think I want to try the light shade too.  I love this for waking up my terrible dark circles.

7. Urban Decay Primer Potion:  Does this need an explanation?  I have very oily eye lids so I need this to help keep all eye shadows stay.

8. Maybelline Gel Eyeliner:  I never really understood all the hype behind gel liners because they just seemed too complicated.  However I had heard that this gel liner was a great dupe for some of the more well known higher end ones (Bobbi Brown and M.A.C.).  So I figured I would start with this one before diving into higher priced ones.  Let's just say I think I am newly addicted and I don't know why I didn't try it sooner.  I love this for not only daily eyeliner, it super easy to wing and get precise application, but it is also amazing for tightlining.  If you are hesitant just go buy this and it will push you over the edge! haha 

9. Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded: I wear this everyday as an all over base.  I usually just put this on but if I have time I might add an eye shadow overtop.  Love the natural champagne of this color!

10. Smashbox Photofinish Primer:  I never used primers before I got this one in a sample bag.  In fact I got multiples of this same tube so I have been going through sample for quite some time.  I think this has also helped combat my oily skin.  It adds an extra layer of protection between my skin and the makeup which I think helps a ton!  When I run out of samples of this I think I might want to try some of the other kinds and other primers because I am really liking them... Do you guys have any suggestions?

Let me know if you have any favorite staple make up products!

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Great piks. I want to try the Maybelline concealer so bad, but it's not sold in my county.
    Nika

    http://makeupbysparkle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh definitely try and get your hands on it!! There might be some online site that sells US products oversees..

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

                       

Subscribe