July 13, 2014

Summer Daze

Its crazy to think that we are already in the middle of July.  I feel like just yesterday I was packing up my dorm room and coming home for the summer shocked at how fast my freshman year flew by.  An now here I am just as shocked that it is July 14th and in 1 month and a half I will be starting my sophomore year.  Crazy right. I often have to remind myself to live in the present.  I often complain at the end of every summer that I didn't go outside enough, go to the beach enough, etc.  I get sick of the 90 degree weather and stick to the AC inside or work too much. 


So this summer I have been trying to make the most of it and going outside every day, if the weather permits.  I hate to report but this summer there have been way too many rainy and cold days.  This weekend though was gorgeous and I just laid outside and read my book for a while.  It is currently my favorite thing to do because I get so soaked up in the fact that is summer and I get to relax without any worries.  I don't have a pool or anything but I take my lounge chair to the back yard, wearing a bikini, lay out and read.  When I go out I always bring my book, a drink, and sunscreen/bug spray (I live in the woods so there are a ton of mosquitoes!).  

My favorite pool/beach/yard bag are the giant Lulu Lemon bags because they can hold a ton and look super cute too.  My new love is the Argo Tea iced drinks (this one is the Hibiscus Tea Sangria..mmm!).  I didn't know that these existed until I was browsing the Peace Teas at Walmart and found them.  They are a bit expensive but Argo Tea is my favorite and they come in the cutest glass bottles ever.  I also recommend the clip-on bug spray thing because it really does work.  I do however still bring normal bug spray because I hate mosquito bites that much (mine swell to the size of a quarter).  But the bugs definitely stay away while the fan is turned on.  And don't forget your sunscreen!  The spray kind is my favorite because I don't have to touch it then and get my hands all sticky.  I try to leave my phone inside and just embrace the sun for a little while.

I usually just wear an oversized shirt with some flip flops and a baseball cap to keep the sun off my face!  I love reading on my Kindle because it is so much easier to carry around and hold while laying out.  I am currently reading If I Stay by Gayle Forman.  I am only about 50 pages in but so far I am really liking it!  let me know if you want me to do a book review on it!

What are some of your favorite things you have been doing a lot this summer?  

xoxo

6 comments:

  1. sounds so lovely and so different to me right now, as it's currently winter here in australia
    xx
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no that sounds rough!! Definitely couldn't do cold right now.

      Delete
  2. that argo tea sounds amazing! & I completely agree with you---this summer is going by so quick!

    Makeshift Munch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend it! They also have a green tea one which I haven't tried yet but it's in my fridge:)

      Delete
  3. I always save my Lulu bags! The best totes :)

    Maria
    From Metro Cards to Meal Plans: a College Lifestyle Blog
    http://mariaefischer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always make sure to ask for the big bag even if I only get something small too!! I just really love them :)

      Delete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

                       

Subscribe