August 17, 2014

Stripes & Leopard


Leopard loafers are my favorite.  I bought this pair from Target two years ago (similar here) I think and they are the comfiest shoes I have ever worn.  I wear them all the time in the nice weather and the second it is too cold to wear them it pains me to have to put them away for the winter.  

I have never been one for mixing patterns because the entire concept kind of scares me.  Mind you, I adore it on other people and am always shocked by how well they are able to pull of some wild mixing, ideas I would have never thought of.  Something about polka dots and floral patterns always look amazing on others but the second I try and put a look together I look like I stepped out of the 60s.  

The other day when I bought this striped top from Lou & Grey, I happened to be wearing my leopard loafers.  I fell in love with the look.  I couldn't quite place it but it was the perfect amount of pattern mixing for my taste.  I figured, start small and eventually I'll work my way up.  I love the idea of pairing a patterned accessory with a patterned top or bottom because it makes a much smaller statement.  I also added a pop of color with this foresty green Gilmore crossbody from Michael Kors.  

I have been wearing this look way more than I would like to admit and think it makes the perfect back to school look as well.  The loafers are super comfortable for walking around campus all day and it is a super relaxed look but still fashionable.  If you are hesitant to get into the mixing patterns trend I would definitely try starting small first.  It breaks up the pattern a bit and therefore the two won't clash!

What are some of your favorite ways to mix patterns?

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. I love the leopard with stripes combination! And I love your green cross-body bag!
    ~Sophia
    http://plaidismyfavouritecolour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leopard print and stripes are my two favorite patterns but I've never thought of mixing them before but I absolutely love it! It's subtle yet stylish! Can't wait to try it out myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! I found the combo by accident and totally love it :)

      Delete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

                       

Subscribe