September 14, 2014

Woah

I don't think I have ever had a more stressful first two weeks back at school.  Before I even started classes I was stressed out.  To be honest though I wouldn't have it any other way.  I was so ready to get back to the routine of school and being busy.  I don't really like have nothing to do because I get super antsy then.  


I am the Vice President of a club on campus this year so that has been a major stress in and of itself.  It is a completely new adventure for me that I am not used to doing.  I have been in many clubs before but never ran them.  All of the logistics that go behind the clubs is way more than I ever imagined.  And at the start of the year your main focus is recruiting new freshmen.  Then you have to schedule all of your meetings, start planning your events, and make sure you don't go over budget.  No big deal though!  ha.  I think though that once we get over the hump of the transition we will get more into the swing of things.

I am also a design editor for my schools magazine.  This means that I do the layout.  I absolutely love this but the one week a month we do layout is chaotic.  And because we want to get a magazine out this month we had to do layout the second week of school.  This added more meetings and places I had to be.  

Oh syllabus week.  I think at most schools the first week of class you don't do to much.  You basically go over the syllabi for each class and introduce yourselves and then the second week you get into the nitty gritty of class.  Yeah not so much.  This is a lie that doesn't actually exist.  I had a 70 page reading assignment the first day of class!  They really believe in jumping into the deep end.

I hope you all are having an amazing first couple of weeks back to school!  My biggest tip is try to stay on top of your game during this time because it will most definitely pay off in the long run.  If you start poor study habits and fall behind on reading, it will only follow you throughout the semester.  Good luck!  On a side note, I promise to have a few pictures of my room once I get one more item I've been waiting for!  I am in love with everything about it this year and can't wait to show you all.  

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

                       

Subscribe