February 1, 2015

Snow Globe

I'm not going to lie to you... I really dislike the snow.  After the very first fall I think it should just magically disappear.  The brown slushiness that it turns into needs to go away immediately.  I have to watch where I step constantly trying to avoid black ice.  It is cold and wet and somehow wiggles it's way into every nook and cranny no matter how bundled up you get.  I was never the child to go out playing in the snow.  Now that might be shocker because I grew up in Chicago where winter and snow plague six months of the year.  But just because I grew up with it, does not mean I like it.  Give me a cup of hot chocolate, a cozy blanket, and movie marathons any day over snow men, snow ball fights, and snow angels.

But like I said above, the first snow always gets me.  No mater how much I hate the snow nothing is comparable to the very first one.  The way it blankets the world and quiets the whispers.  The foggy white always puts a smile on my face.  The glistening of the sun reflecting off the crystals.  That was why the massive blizzard we had early last week made me beyond ecstatic.  We didn't have very much snow here in Boston before that so I would consider Juno (the snowstorm) the first true snow fall.  And let me tell you, it was gorgeous.  Waking up in the morning to a white coated winter wonderland was truly breathtaking.

While I didn't venture too far because it was beyond freezing I did try to take a few photos.  I only made it around my campus.  Boston College's campus is known for being beautiful but I must say, I think the snow adds to its brilliance.  My hands only kind of suffered while taking these photos but in the end it was beyond worth it!  I already posted a few on my Instagram but I wanted to share more of them here!  I hope you all enjoy and if you are in a warm weather climate (I am so very jealous of you... kind of) you can live vicariously through these photos.






Let me know if you like these photo centered posts!  I really enjoy them :)

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. BC is so beautiful in the snow! I'm a fellow New England college student -- we've almost made it to spring! Love your blog (:

    -Charlotte
    www.charlottebharris.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

                       

Subscribe