April 19, 2015

Monday Motivation

I hope you all have a wonderful start to your week!  I made this little poster a while ago for my friend for the Holidays but as I was organizing my folders and all my documents I found it again and I wanted to share it with all of you


Sometimes I think I can get so caught up in my work that I forget about all the other things in my life.  Its very easy to become over committed in certain areas that I neglect everything else.  I have a very difficult time saying "No" to people because I absolutely love to please everyone.  I hate fights and I hate letting people down.  I am definitely a "Yes" and "Okay, sure" type of person.  The word "No" simply tastes bad in my mouth.  Because of this, I often plan to attend multiple events for one day but can really only attend one of them.  In the end, when I have to skip on an event my insides get all twisted and I have extreme guilt.  I hate breaking promises just as much as I hate saying "No."

I think this quote from the wonderful Amy Poehler in a Parks and Recreation episode says it all.  We have to prioritize in order to feel balanced and happy.  And sometimes that means putting work last.  And while that sucks because you are afraid your grades might suffer ultimately it will be for the best.  Taking that me time to eat waffles and chill with friends will ultimately make you happier.  This is something that I am still learning.  I am learning to choose waffles over work every single day.  And by choosing waffles I don't necessarily mean the delicious brunch food (even though breakfast food is my favorite thing in the entire world!) I mean choosing "No" when appropriate.

I hope you all have a wonderful start to your week and remember, sometimes you have to say "No" to make yourself happier.  Eat all the waffles!!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

                       

Subscribe