May 12, 2015

Summer Fashion Essentials

When I found out I got accepted to my two summer internships I jumped for joy!  Not only because I am beyond ecstatic about both of them but because it meant I got to so shopping for summer clothes.  I am not normally one to wear dresses or look cute in the summer (hello Nike shorts and tshirts) but this was the perfect excuse to get nice dresses and cute clothes.  I thought I would share with you some of the clothes I bought as well as a few things that I saw, really wanted, but had to say "no" to because your girl is on a budget.  But these are definitely pieces that are sure staples for the summer.  They can definitely be worn as casual pieces but can also be paired with nicer blazers and jewelry (aka my favorite!)


Denim shirt || Paired with white jeans or tucked into a pencil skirt this is an easy piece that can be worn so many different ways!

White jeans || Speaking of...haha!  I don't think I can pick a more classic summer staple.  I actually recently just got rid of my old white jeans and really need to purchase a new pair.  I am looking at the J Brand Maria High rise ones because I have them in two other colors and love them to death.  But if you guys have any other favorite white jeans please let know!!

Patterned pants || I have been eyeing these ones from J.Crew for the longest time and want them so bad!  Wouldn't they look amazing with the denim shirt?  I'm hoping they will go on sale soon so fingers crossed -- if they don't I might just have to make the splurge anyways because I envision so many outfit ideas when I look at them.

Denim dress || I bought this!  I couldn't help mylsef because it was on serious sale it just looked so pretty when I tried it on and I couldn't resist it.  I think this would look amazing with a navy blazer for the office and some nude flats!

Colorful print dress || I will be the first to admit that I am not one to normally buy Vineyard Vines.  I don't quite like the flashy whale patterns on some things (even though I love the whale logo itself!).   I walked into the store because this dress (I can't find it on the website anymore) called me from afar.  I went in, tried it on, fell in love, looked at the price tag, cried, and left the fitting room.  However, on my way out of the fitting room I saw this dress on a sale rack and knew I had to have it!  Plus, it was on sale so it made the dress normal price.  I am in love and cannot wait to wear it :)

White sneakers || I am in love with my white Converse.  I wear them almost every day in the summer months because they honestly go with everything.  Because I wear them so much they have definitely seen better days.  They are very worn and dirty now.  I saw these new Converse made my Jack Purcell on Atlantic Pacific and loved how they were a little different.  I want to see what they look like in person but I might have to get these and toss my old converse out.

Jack Rogers || A summer staple.  To be honest, I have never owned a pair of Jack's but I think this year might have to be the year.  I just love looking at them and really want a pair and the Platinum color is so pretty and...yeah #swoon.

A sun hat || This is a must for beach trips or lounging by the pool.  Sometimes I find wearing sunglasses to be extremely aggravating while reading a book outside so wide brim hats definitely help.  It definitely took me a while before I was brave enough to wear one of these outside, and it actually still kind of makes me uncomfortable.  Sometimes I just opt for a baseball cap instead but either works wonders!

A large tote bag || This is essential for work as well as trips to the beach.  I would carry a leather tote to work and then a canvas tote to the beach!  I have had my favorite Dooney and Burke cognac leather tote for a little over five years by now and the edges are wearing down.  I might have to replace it soon and I just love the ones from Madewell!

Sunglasses ||  This is one is kind of obvious but we all need a great pair of sunglasses!  Its important to protect your eyes from the harmful UVA and B rays.  I am normally one to just buy cheap ones at Target but they always break on me.  Maybe its time I invest in a more expensive pair that will last like a classic pair of RayBans.

Now that I am home from college I plan on doing more outfit posts so keep your eye out for posts featuring some of the items I listed here!  What are some of your summer fashion staples?

xoxo

25 comments:

  1. Love the large tote bag! Perfect for traveling. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. White pants and Jacks during the summer are such staples for me! I went from having a gold pair to the platinum, and I'm already even crazier about the platinum color!

    Pick Your Beau

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do you like the platinum more than the gold then? I am very torn about which color to get!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on both of your internships! That's so exciting! Sounds like you're going to have a fun and busy summer. I love these pieces you chose. I love wearing dresses in the summer. I definitely need some white jeans too! A large tote bag and sunglasses are definite musts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I am so excited but it is definitely going to be busy :)

      Delete
  4. Love that Madewell tote. I've been eyeing it for a while. Congrats on getting both of the internships. That's a huge accomplishment and you should be super proud of yourself. I can't wait to see more outfit posts! xo

    Lauren Ashley
    www.thefashionistasdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I cannot wait for the summer :)

      Delete
  5. Absolutely love those white jeans! Congratulations on the internships!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your picks! How are the fit of those J Brand jeans? Are they extremely high-rise? I'm definitely looking for a new pair of designer jeans. Also those Converse are super cute. I've been wanting a pair of white Converse for the longest time and I really like the subtle differences in the pair you posted!

    xx. Brittany
    Life Like a Twenty Something

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in love with the J Brand jeans! I have them in two colors and wear them non stop. They are super stretchy as well. I mean they are definitely highrise, kind of a little below the belly button. I highly recommend them - they are my favorite :)

      Delete
  7. Congrats on the internships! You will learn SO much! I absolutely agree with your essentials. I wear my white jeans pretty much every Saturday and Sunday on my time off! And my jelly jacks are my new favs!

    -Morgan
    How 2 Wear It ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. One internship is lucky and two is a blessing! Good luck with everything. Can't wait to see more outfit posts!

    Allyssa | Life with Lyss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe haha thanks :) I will definitely make sure to do more outfit posts!

      Delete
  9. These are all great summer staples! I love white jeans even though I am way too messy and should totally give up wearing them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally feel your pain! I feel like I am constantly washing mine which is why I am in desperate need of a new pair :p

      Delete
  10. I LOVE the Vineyard Dress! Its so cute! I also love the Jacks! I love mine and I pretty much wear mine with everything in the summer!

    Anchors and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love Jacks and white converse!
    I love white denim in the summer and am in search of a pair that isn't so see through. I feel like a lot of white jeans that I have found are.

    Good luck and congrats on your internships.

    xoxo, Jenny || Breakfast at Lillys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear I didn't think of them being see through! I am definitely going to have my work cut out for me...let me know if you find a pair that you love :)

      Delete
  12. Those are some adorable summer staples. I have been debating a sun hat for the longest time. I really want to get an adorable monogrammed one but I am not sure when I would ever truly wear it. Congratulations on your two new internships!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man tell me about out! I just stared at mine for the longest time because I was paranoid people would stare at me when I wore it. But if you start small eventually you become comfortable wearing it around!

      Delete
  13. The Madewell tote is a must have this summer ♥ Congrats on your internship :) This post just reminded me that I need to get a pair of white jeans. Are J Brand jeans any good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am absolutely in love J Brands! They are the only brand of jeans that I consistently go back to because I just love the quality :) They have the perfect stretch to the too so they are comfortable to wear!

      Delete
  14. I LOVE your list! We have the same essentials :) I have platinum Jacks & I love them. When my first pair got worn out, I ordered a second pair in platinum. Congratulations on your internship!

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I think you just totally convinced me to get a pair! Do the divets at the heels hurt your feet? Somehow I feel like they would be totally uncomfortable to walk on...

      Delete
  15. Love your picks! That tote has been on my wishlist for awhile and those printed pants are so fun!

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

                       

Subscribe