June 14, 2015

Monday Motivation: A Working Girl

I cannot believe it has been over two weeks since my last post (#sorry). I haven't been that bad since finals!! These past two weeks have been a big whirlwind. One minute I swear it was the weekend and I had so much time on my hands and the next I was jumping around like a mad woman because so many things spontaneously popped up. In between attending events for one job, starting a third, a funeral, a sports game, babysitting, and some me time the days got lost.

I officially started my third job of the summer last week and the realization hit me of just how much I was going to be working. When I initially decided to work three jobs at the end of the school year I figured I could easily do it. One was virtual so I didn't really count it. However, the virtual job has quickly become one of my favorites so I love doing work for it. The one that is three days a week is paid so I obviously put a lot of work into that. And the third job that is only two days a week makes me so happy and is a field I could be interested in working in one day so I commit myself to that job a lot as well. Therefore, I would say I put 100% into all of the three jobs because they all hold different importances to me.



Once I realized that this summer wasn't going to be a summer where I could lay on the beach or hang out with friends a few days a week I began to accept the fact that I needed to manage my time better if I still want to be able to do that.  I am a strong believer that if you want to do it all, you can - you just need to plan accordingly.  And if you know me at all, you know I am not a planner by any means.  I am a "go with the flow" kind of girl who doesn't know what she's eating for dinner let alone what she wants to do with her life.  However, I have had to adjust a little and plan a little bit more.  

I make use of my time more effectively because I realize that I don't want my work to drag on otherwise there will be zero time for TV (aka my number one priority).  I have started making to-do lists which I remember my mom making me as a child and they actually help.  The feeling when I get to check something off the list is quite satisfying.  I also have a list of things I want to accomplish this summer and every time I look at it I get extremely happy so I know that all my handwork is going towards a purpose which makes it all worth it.  And sometimes I have learned that I just need to take a step back and just watch that episode of TV or just go hang out with my friends.  In the end, my happiness is what drives my work and if I'm not mentally happy then the work will suffer.  Its all about balance.

I promise I haven't forgotten about you lovelies and I have a ton of posts in my brain waiting to be written :)



Image // Club Narwhal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

                       

Subscribe