July 6, 2015

Instagram Lately

I have never done one of these posts before but I like reading other people's because I think its kind of cool to see people's though process behind their Instagram photos.  I know I put a ton (if not more than necessary) work into my Instagram photos and filters and I thought I should share some of the funny stories behind them.  And I'll take any excuse to reshare photos I take because I have an addiction!

My Instagram is slightly different than your average lifestyle / fashion blogger because I don't post too many photos of myself or clothes.  Its mainly of scenes or skylines that I find in my daily life.  I do this for two reasons: 1. Most people who follow me on Instagram are my real life friends who don't know I blog so I don't want to post too much about my blog and 2. you can go to my blog for shots of me or what I wear but there aren't too many places where I can post a gorgeous skyline view.


"Oh the places you'll go"
I like to call Door County the Cape Cod of the Midwest.  Or even better, Cape Cod is the Door County of the East Coast.  If you are looking at Wisconsin, it looks like a mitten with a thumb, door county is the entire thumb.  Surrounded by the water of Lake Michigan it is basically my second home.  We have been going up ever since I was born and I love exploring it.  Even though I've been going up for 20 years there are still hidden gems I find: like this awesome direction sign that shows you how far all these different locales are.  I love the one to Santa's House!  And the amazing harbor is in the background! After taking this photo I foresaw so many amazing posts in the future using the caption I did from one of my favorite Dr. Suess books.


"cherry ice cream"
This is my favorite Vineyard Vines dress that I bought and posted about (it is currently sold out but I absolutely love this one and this one)!  I wore it for the 4th and because it was only blue and white I needed something red... aka my excuse to buy cherry ice cream! Cherries are a Door County staple and they put them in everything!  The most delicious thing ever and I'm not even really an ice cream person.


"Happy 239th birthday America!  You don't look a day over 200!"
Yet another shot of the marina because I have an obsession with boats and harbors.  I also really like water and blue - it kind of goes with the insta theme.  This was my post of the Fourth of July after we watched the parade, ate ice cream, and wandered around Egg Harbor.  I don't think I can stress enough how amazing Door County is and if you ever get the chance you need to visit.  Let me know if you do and I can tell you all the best spots to go to :)


"hidden alleys"
I found this little alley right next to the building where I work in my hometown.  It looks like it should lead to a gorgeous restaurant or open courtyard but instead it is just an alley with beautiful garbage cans.  I loved the iron archway and all the greenery that was poking through.  I thought so long about posting this one because I'm not the biggest fan of the color green (like I said above, I' way more into the blues) but this was just too pretty to pass up!


"goodnight"
I didn't take this photo.  Now how I would love to take credit I simply cannot.  One of my friends and work took it from her friends balcony and showed it too me.  I immediately knew I needed to Insta it because it just fit so perfectly with my theme.  I think my favorite time of day is right before gets dark out and the sky is this deep royal navy exactly like this photo.  The city lights have already turned on but you can still see the buildings.  Its not too dark where all you can see is bright lights.  I also love how you can just see the faint outline of Navy Pier as well.  Did you hear that they are actually tearing down the Navy Pier Ferris Wheel?  I know crazy right?!  It is such a Chicago skyline staple.  But luckily, they are replacing it with a bigger and better one.  Oh the modern era.


"This photo cost me $6, an umbrella, and my sanity"
This is a prime example about how Instagram shots often come with crazy background stories.  One day at work by boss asked me an another girl to run and errand.  And I don't know about you but I love getting to run errands because it gets me up from behind my desk and out into the city.  We were supposed to go to a yacht club which was only a 15 minute walk away but somehow got lost in a high rise development.  We hopped in a cab figuring that would be easier but our cab driver got lost as well.  I didn't want to pay the full fare because the driver had to call someone else for directions and I ended up getting us there.  In my frustrated and overwhelmed state of paying for the cab, I accidentally left my umbrella.  All in all, the errand was pretty much a bust but I did end up getting this gorgeous shot of the harbor with a bit of the city skyline.

I hope you all enjoyed this post and let me know if this is something you think I should keep doing.  And if you don't follow me on Instagram yet I think you totally should because I am absolutely addicted!

26 comments:

  1. I post different things on instagram then on my blog as well, and I love a good roundup! That hidden alley way is just too adorable! I put a lot of effort into my grams too, but it's a little less scheduled than blog posts, and I consider instagram like my everyday blog!
    Xx

    heapsofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love instalately posts too! I think they're so fun! My real life friends don't know I blog either! So I run into the same issues as you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, going to follow your Insta immediately! Love these photos

    -Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing photos! Following you now on Insta!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these photos -- so different than your typical blogger photos but I really like them.

    xoxo, Jenny || Breakfast at Lillys

    ReplyDelete
  6. You take gorgeous photos! Love all the context behind them, you're a great storyteller!
    Alessandra | blog.pumpup.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photos! You're living a beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a cute post! love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love reading about places I've never been to. It looks gorgeous! You take wonderful photos
    Alexandra | www.cloudyskiesandsunshine.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I kinda feel the same way you do about my Instagram. I like how this post series lets me into your normal life a little more though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a great insta roundup! Love it <3

    xo
    Lauren
    The Fashionista's Diary

    ReplyDelete
  12. These photos are INCREDIBLE. I can't wait to visit the area one day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun insta roundup! So different than the ones I typically see, and I LOVE it! You have some seriously beautiful photos girl! Heading over to checkout your insta now!

    xo Ashley
    Twenties Girl Style

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are all so stunning! I love that you're not the typical fashion blogger just posting outfit photos (like myself, hehe!) You're so lucky to live in such a gorgeous city!

    xo, Alicia | Alicia Tenise

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this round up! The sign post is my favorite picture!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These pictures remind me a lot of where I am from! I am from Annapolis, Md. I think you would love Annapolis. These pictures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few friends from there and they only say great things! I definitely want to visit one day!

      Delete
  17. What a unique take on an Instagram-inspired post! I love how you shared the stories behind each shot. The first and last ones are my faves! It looks beautiful where you are.

    xo,
    Melissa | These words are my own.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your Insta recap! Love the fact that you share beautiful pictures around your area than typical fashion round ups.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have such gorgeous photos on your Insta! I love it :) I think Hidden Alleys is my favorite!

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it the cutest! Every time I walk by there going to work I am just struck by how pretty it is :)

      Delete
  20. You my dear, are insta goals. These pictures are seriously prime. also such a cool idea for a blog post! What do you use to take your photos? xo
    Chelsea // trendychelsea.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats so sweet :) I only use my iPhone 5 and edit with the app Afterlight but never use a filter!

      Delete
  21. May I ask what photo editing you use to get such a stunning moody vibe? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually just use Afterlight and only change the contrast, brightness, saturation etc. I very rarely actually add any sort of filter! I'm so glad you like it them all though :)

      Delete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

                       

Subscribe