Edinburgh Instagram Lately

October 01, 2016

I am so sorry I have been MIA for the last few weeks!  I knew it would be difficult to keep up with posting while I was abroad but who knew how busy I would be.  Now that classes have started up I have gotten into a routine (kind of...) so I feel totally prepared to get back into the swing of blogging.  So far the abroad experience has been amazing, scary, and adventurous all wrapped up in a pretty package.  I can't wait to share so much more with you all but for now I thought I do a quick Instagram round up of some of the photos of my trip so far!


After one crazy day of travel, losing my luggage, getting my luggage returned but soaking wet, I can officially say I am in Edinburgh! Please be prepared for lots of photos of pretty doors, Harry Potter references, and overall gorgeous scenery!
Caption is pretty self explanatory!  Its actually crazy how long ago this day feels though.  Luckily I have fully recovered and am now on the other side - with clean and dry clothes!


the world is too big to leave unexplored
Arthur's seat is an inactive volcano right on the outskirts of the city.  It isn't a very difficult hike from the top but the views are breathtaking.  On the left side of the photo you can see the Edinburgh Castle!


fairy pools
One weekend my friends and I decided to take a last minute trip up to the Isle of Skye.  I have honestly never seen views as spectacular as I have on this little island.  Everything was so green, and lush, yet still mountainous with gorgeous water views.  It was also the first time I had ever seen mountains and the furtherest North I had ever been which was so exciting!  This photo was taken at the "Fair Pools" which was basically just these amazing waterfalls that created small little pools.  There were so many of them along the hike and up until the mountains you see in the photo.  I plan on doing a full Isle of Skye recap with my must see places soon!


Victoria Street aka Diagon Alley
I warned you there would be a lot of Harry Potter references.  This is the famous Victoria Street where J.K. Rowling based the famous Diagon Alley off of.  I am beyond obsessed with the beautiful colors of all the buildings.  I was so mad that there was an ugly yellow truck in front of the mint colored building but oh well!  Also, if you can't tell, like many streets in Edinburgh, Victoria St. has two levels.  Above all the colored buildings there is another street with restaurants and shops on it.


No. 6
As stated in the first photo, I like pretty doors.  And while this door may be nothing special, I absolutely loved the beautiful bright flowers on either side and the white walls. 

Stay tuned for more study abroad posts and more photos of my adventures!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SHOP

INSTAGRAM