Places I want to Travel To

September 08, 2015

I told you this Instragram shot was going to see its way into a future post! I don't know if I have mentioned this on the blog yet, but I am going abroad for a semester this fall (so soon its kind of crazy)!  I plan on doing quite a few posts in the upcoming month about my planning and packing so if you have any ideas please let me know!  But all I have been really focusing on so far is all the places I want to travel to while I'm there.  I will be studying in Scotland so its not too difficult for me to get to other European countries making my options pretty endless.  But that being said, I don't want to just go to the typical abroad hot spots (London, Paris, etc.).  I want to go to other cities that would be more difficult to return to any time soon.  Here are the top six places I want to travel to while I am studying abroad!


Barcelona // Spain
Ever since I did a school report on Barcelona in 8th grade I have wanted to travel to this beautiful city.  One of my good friends is studying abroad in Spain so I hope to be able to meet up with her and visit this amazing city.  This is definitely the number one on my list to visit.

Santorini // Greece
The blue and white views get me every time I see a photo of Greece.  Did anyone else follow along as Julia (from Gal Meets Glam) and her husband traveled throughout Greece?  Oh man did my wanderlust skyrocket.  The island looks stunning and unlike anywhere I have ever been.  Please mom can I go? haha  Also, I just really want to be Lena from Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and meet a amazing Greek man and explore the city together and swim in the ocean and fall in love... is that really too much to ask for? 


Nice // France
I've been to Paris and loved it.  And while I would honestly go back there in a heartbeat, I want to go somewhere else in France.  And I mean, who doesn't want to travel to the French Riviera?  This seems like the perfect getaway from the chilly Scotland fall I predict I am going to have.  Beach please?

Budapest // Hungary
From all of my friends who have gone abroad, they say Budapest is stunning.  I've never really considered a trip to Hungary in my future but I love that fact.  Its somewhere I would never really think of going to but could be totally amazing.  It seems more authentically European and it would be a major step outside my comfort zone.

Venice // Italy
I have always loved the idea of a city built on water with canals as the roadways.  It just seems so magical and fairytale desk does it not?  While I feel like Rome is the go-to for the abroad traveler, I think Venice is way more my style and my dad and sister who have both been, say that Venice is the best Italian city!  Also, can you tell I want to travel anywhere where there is beautiful water views?


Oslo // Norway
Being part Norwegian, I want to go to Norway to visit my people.  I don't have any relatives there but I just want to see where I come from - and reconnect myself with my fellow blonde hair, blue eyed kind!  haha.  No but in all seriousness, whenever people ask me about my ethnicity I always say "I'm part Norwegian" but don't know too much about the country.  I want to be able to say that statement with pride and with knowledge of the country itself.

If you have ever studied abroad or been overseas, where were some of your favorite cities?  Also, if you have any study abroad tips for me please share because right now I am a blank canvas!

Images via here and here

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SHOP

INSTAGRAM